BREAST ENLARGEMENT surgery
Women now have more options than ever when it comes to electing to have a breast augmentation procedure and which implant to choose. It’s no longer silicone vs. saline and the options can be overwhelming. One Health Surgeons will offer their expertise and guidance in your consultation to assist in hand picking your custom size, shape and even the texture of your implants!
0% Interest Financing!
Breast enlargement is the standard term used for a surgery to enlarge the breasts and improve their overall shape. This surgery is also referred to as breast augmentation or augmentation mammoplasty.
Every woman is designed differently. They experience physical changes throughout life and things such as genetics, pregnancy, weight loss and age can lead to a loss of volume over time. No matter the type of breast implant you decide, our One Health skilled Surgeons and Patient Care Coordinators will be here to support and guide you through your decision making process, your procedure and recovery.
Breast implants receive the implant brand warranty as seen below:
- Motiva breast implants – 5 years free revision surgery for capsular contracture (Baker Grade 4-5) Free lifetime product replacement, 10 years guaranteed financial assistance to the value of 100% of the current list price for re-augmentation, in the event of loss of shell integrity resulting in implant rupture that requires surgical intervention.
- Natrelle breast implants – 3 years free revision surgery for capsular contracture (Baker Grade 4-5) Free lifetime product replacement, 10 years guaranteed financial assistance to the value of 100% of the current list price for re-augmentation, in the event of loss of shell integrity resulting in implant rupture that requires surgical intervention.
During a breast enlargement procedure, the Surgeon places an implant made of soft silicone gel or saline (salt water), giving the breasts more volume and enhanced shape.
This is done by making an incision, generally under the breast crease and a pocket is then created for the implant to be inserted into. The Surgeon will then customize the implants position based on the goals defined in your consultation.
Based on your consultation, the Surgeon may make one of two type of incisions:
“Subglandular” – implant placed on top of the muscle and over the glands.
“Submuscular” – implant placed partially or totally under the pectoralis major muscle.
After the implant has been placed and positioned, the wound is closed and dressed.
Q: What type of aftercare is needed for my breast augmentation?
A: You will be given specific aftercare instructions by your Surgeon based on your individual procedure. You will be given a post-operative bra to wear from one to two weeks following your procedure.
Q: What should I bring to my breast augmentation surgery consultation?
- List of questions to ask your Surgeon
- Detailed list of the medications you take, including dietary supplements, vitamins and herbal or homeopathic remedies
- Photos that help illustrate what you want or don’t want
- Bra or tops to try on while trying on implants for size
Q: How much time should I take off work to recover from my breast augmentation surgery?
A: Most people take off about one week. However, if you have an extremely physical job, you may need to take off longer. Ask your Surgeon for more specific advice. Do not return to work without first receiving approval from your Breast Surgeon.
Q: What can be done to ease preoperative fears?
A: It’s completely normal to be nervous before any surgery. You can make some time to take a relaxing bath the night before your procedure. At times, just sitting quietly and relaxing breaths can help make you feel more centered and calm.
Q: Will I be able to have mammograms after my breast enlargement procedure?
A: Some breast implants have been known to make it more difficult to read a mammogram. It’s important to continue to obtain routine mammograms after breast enlargement, however ensure to let the technician performing your mammogram know about your implants, so they can take special care and notice when your mammogram is performed.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR FINANCING OPTIONS